Saturday, November 10, 2007

Time to Rock!!!! - Update

Well it's Saturday morning (6:30am) and we are all in the restaurant doing email, posting blogs and having a light breakfast. Our official practice time is from 8:45 to 9:30 then the airplanes get processed.

We arrived at the flying site under cloudy skies and a very strong 90 degree blow in conditions. Needless to say it was a little chilly and I wish now that I would have packed at least one sweat shirt. The French team took to the skies at 8:00am and from my first impression it wasn't anything spectacular but once again this is just practice.

The Canadian team took to the skies and then we headed back out to the Galvez practice site in the afternoon where once again the winds were howling. The windy conditions definitely are not something that Dave and I have experienced before in competition and I sure we are not the only ones. Hopefully the winds will be light come tomorrow morning when Team Canada starts to show their stuff.


This is the first time that I have participated in an international opening ceremony and it was really cool to be paraded into the viewing area wearing the Canadian colors. I think one of the highlights for me was the team kite demonstration which I can't even begin to imagine how many hours of practice the four pilots put in for something like this. When I think of how many hours of pattern practice we do you can appreciate the time it must take to develop the skills these guys wowed the crowd with.

A quick dinner at the hotel tonight then early to bed as the big day is almost here.

No comments: